BUG v.40?

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by gdiloren, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

I shut down WSA beta v.40 and restarted it. Then I scanned (recommended scan). It would not progress passed 0%. What anbout it happens with RP? After rebooting my system, all was OK.:eek:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know if this happens again? I'm uncertain what would have caused it at this point but if you get back into this state, we can work to debug it further.

Thank you!

3. gdiloren

Tested again. Same result. Shutting down WSA beta v.40 then restarting it without rebooting means that upon calling a scan the progress bar and in fact the scan stays at 0%, for ever. Of course, who in the world would do that, but it can happen and it's good to remind people to reboot their pc.

4. PrevxHelp

Could you right click on the WSA processes with Task Manager or Process Explorer and create a full dump file, and then send that to us with a service like www.sendthisfile.com? That should let me diagnose the problem immediately as I can't reproduce it here.

Let me know if you have any questions with this!

5. gdiloren

Just sent a 81 MB dump file to your support in UK. I did not have an email address as WSA support is a web page. This is anyway a minor problem I think, almost laughable if not under the hood I do not know what happens and I'm sometimes concerned.

6. gdiloren

Haven't got any news. Hope support will settle this minor problem in its future WSA editions. Of course, this is beta. Haven't try it on the final edition yet. Of course, may be it's computer related as I am on Win 7 64 bits with Immunet, Avast Pro, MBAM Pro SAS on demand and it's not supposed to but there may be interferences, at this point. Or, is this really a bug, as I said.:rolleyes:

7. PrevxHelp

Hmm, you should have entered in an email address initially so that you could be contacted back. Could you send me a PM with your license key so that I can take a look?

Thanks!

8. gdiloren

Re: BUG v.40?Now v.60, still the bug!!

I got to v.60 today so tested my bug. If I shut down WSA from the tray icon after the captcha, then I start it from the start menu after clicking ok to elevated privileges, I'm unable to scan. It stalls to 0% scanning for rootkits and I just have to close the window because I go nowhere from here. So the problem is not solved!!!

9. PrevxHelp

I suspect there's still a problem with getting your memory dump. Could you send me a PM with your email address? I haven't been able to locate your message by your license key.

Thank you!

10. gdiloren

I just tried the same actions to led to the bug in v.60 and contrary to this morning it scanned normally. So I guess the bug is fixed now. Thanks PrevX support for that.:) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.