Bug still there in latest build

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by martinlest, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I'm of a similar philosophy when it comes to backups. Hard drives are so reliable these days (hope I haven't jinxed myself now :D ) that I backup maybe once a month. But if this were a business situation then daily backups are a must. I also do not like incrementals or differentials. That only gives Acronis another piece in the equation to barf on. It's worth it to get a drive of adequate capacity to hold, in a business situation, 5 days of full backups. And to backup to DVD directly .... forget it ... not when external drives are so inexpensive.

2. martinlest

martinlest Registered Member

If I were backing up small amounts of data, I would probably keep several new images and keep them stored, but each image is 25GBs, so, apart from the time it takes, I need a lot of storage to keep several.

In any case, as far as I can see, incremental backups works just fine. The only glitch is that which I noted at the start of this thread - but ATI doesn't actually restore deleted files, even if it shows them, so it's more of an inconvenience really.

Each to his own method of course ..

M.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi foghorne,

It's even more time consuming than that. TI will validate the original base image plus all the incrementals in the set, irrespective of which incremental you may have selected.

Regards

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

We musn't loose sight of the fact that the bug only manifests itself when using Files & Folders images. Disk or Partition incremental images are not affected.

Regards

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman,

I didn't realise it was that bad. The diffs and incs are pretty quirky. I do hope the issues get resolved, but something tells me I will have to pay for V10 license to see any improvements in that area :'(

F.

6. jelenko

jelenko Registered Member

OK. My 2cents on backup strategy.

Full system image just after fresh install, latest updates, all applications.
    Imaged to DVD, internal hdd and usb hdd.
    Test each regularly. [Last week, the image on the internal hdd reported as corrupt]
    So, each time my system dies, I've got a great head start on a fresh install. All I have to do is to add/remove any apps since the image and restore my user data.

Daily backup of user created data - but using Retrospect. TI is just dumb for incremental backkups. Differentials will lose all files that were added after the first backup but deleted before the differential.

PS. There are some 'realtime' file backup apps which I will be looking at.
    All it takes is for just one time to not be able to get that critical file due to a system problem.

7. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Acronis:

What is your official positition on support for the current version of Acronis True Image?

When will the next build of TI V 9 English be released?

Will you deliver on features that have yet to work in Version 9?

How long can we, your customers, count on Acronis to support our current products?

I am evaluating whether to continue purchasing Acronis Products. Well implemented, fully supported products that function as designed, with current hardware and Operating Systems, will factor strongly into my decision.

Regards

A current and potential future customer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.