Bug - RA 2.0.56 and Nod 3.0.650 ?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

eSet Config editor. Chang eFile-System filter / scanner (File-System filter) / objects -- change Archives / Self-Extracting archives / e-mail / operating memory.

Push the policy, wait for it to say applied.

Go to the machine. Pull up the GUI. Those change are not on the GUI. In fact, those options don't display on the GUI.

Also, Nod32 3.0.650 has issues with various explorer enhancements which Nod 2.7 did not. An example is Symantec Ghost. Nod 2.7 with the prior versions enhancement runs fine. Nod 3.0 with the explorer enhancements locks up the computer when you right click on 4000+ files/folders. Removing explorer enhancement results in speed again.

Another bug is with the e-mails. They don't fill in the variables correctly.

5/14/2008 7:01:54 AM - Module %SCANNER% - Threat Alert triggered on computer PRFL3091: %INFECTEDOBJECT% contains %VIRUSNAME%.

That's an actual e-mail I got. They all look like that. What does that mean?

fwiw, good day;

Edwin

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Another bug... This one is more with NOD than the RA, but I'm not starting another thread. After I install NOD32 3.0.650 I have pattern files from a long time ago. But in the Update area it says there is no need to update, I am running current pattern files.

Of course, I can click update and if I have my setup right, it updates. But this is misleading. If my remote users have out of date pattern files, I'd like the Windows Security Center to alert them of the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.