Bug in TI 9 V2323 - Bad sector handling

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bldrdash, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bldrdash

bldrdash Registered Member

I attempted to create a backup of my laptop using TI 9 Version 2323:

I booted to the CD and selected Create Backup.
    At the very end of the procedure I received a dialog box saying something
    to the effect "Errors Encountered", with the only option to hit OK. I searched
    around for a log, or anything to let me know what the Errors were to no avail.
    I restarted and checked to see if I had a .tib file ... wasn't even there.

Then I pulled out my trusty TI 8 Version 973. At about the same spot in the procedure, I received a message "Error reading Sector, Abort, Retry, ..."

So, it turns out I had a bad sector; fine. At least Version 8 allowed me to
    ignore and continue on.

I'm pleased that I now have a backup of the disk. I can browse the tib file, and get my data. Whatever was stored (if anything) in that sector is lost, but 99....% of my data is there. With TI 9, 0%.

The ability to Abort, Retry, Ignore, and especially Ignore All when a bad sector is detected is very important for a backup program and should be added back into TI 9. It would be very NICE to see a log, detailing which sectors were bad.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bldrdash,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

We have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image 9.0 before and so we would like to investigate this one with your assistance, if you have time for this of course.

Could you please collect the following information?

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2323) Bootable Rescue CD and Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 937) Bootable Rescue CD;

Please rename these files to sysinfo_2323.txt and sysinfo_937.txt accordingly.

- Provide the exact text of the error messages you have received when tried to create an image using Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue CD and Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.