Bug In TI 9.0 2259

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tarunp, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarunp

tarunp Registered Member

While doing a Restore Operation (through the Rescue CD), the screen shows my drives in the reverse order i.e. D: drive is shown on top and C: below. What gives ?

2. kingleka

kingleka Registered Member

In my case it reversed the letters for my CD/DVD drive and External Drive.

Usually the CD/DVD drive is D:/ while EXTERNAL DRIVE is E:/

In Recovery Mode my CD/DVD drive was showing as E:/ and EXTERNAL DRIVE as D:/

Wow...massive issues. I am still waiting for feedback on whether TI 8 displays the same problems. I will definitely hold off TI 9, but waiting on feedback that would push me towards at least buying version 8

3. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

Yes, it does same thing in TI8. my Drive letter s are all different from XP when I do a Partition Recovery, It works, but just have to open the "Tree " and navigate, cuse I have 3 Partitions in my 160 Gig HD and 2 External USB HD.

4. Pengie

Pengie Guest

I don't think its a bug. The recovery disk uses Linux which has a different letter allocation system to Windows.

Thats why I name my drives/partitions so I can recognise then and restore to the right drive. I use XPSYSTEM, IDE80GIG, SATA200GIG, USB200GIG and so on.

5. tarunp

tarunp Registered Member

If its not a bug then Acronis has deliberately changed something since this behaviour was absent in the last version of TI 8.0 (build 937)

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) can display drive letters different from those the user sees in Windows, because Linux has its own rules of drive naming (you can also read the following information: Partition names). Such a situation usually may arise after using partitioning software. This is absolutely normal and there is no need to worry about the difference in drive letters assignment.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.