Bug fixed?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Get, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Guest

Since the question seems to be overlooked in the "grand" topic here it is again:
    Is this issue fixed in the Beta?

2. Get

Get Guest

Anyone..?:doubt:

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Can't confirm.
    Sorry

4. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Well I'm really quite suprised. I thought this issue would have been resolved in this version ... and now nobody from Eset has an answer? o_O

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

You expect a reply about something like this in an limited supported (first) beta-version?

6. Get

Get Guest

The bug would be fixed in 3.0 (which is VERY late), so it's a legitimate question which can be answered with a simple "Yes" or "No", so yes I expect an answer :).

7. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Interesting. I use CCleaner between security app changes so I was wondering if I might have inadvertently deleted this registry entry. Nod32 has never found anything on my machine so I've never used the quarantine function.

I did a search thru the CCleaner backup files on "nod" and "eset" and found nothing. But I thought I would check directly in the registry. Could someone provide the name and location of the key?

Thanks,
    Oldshep

8. Get

Get Guest

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Common]
    "QuarantineDirectory"="C:\\Program Files\\Eset\\infected"

:)

9. oldshep

oldshep Registered Member

Get,
    Thanks for the info. This registry entry is still in place on my machine after 5 or so registry clean ups. So I guess we can say that at least CCleaner doesn't delete it on a registry integrity scan. I created the folder "infected" anyway so as to prevent future problems.

Thanks again,
    Oldshep

10. Get

Get Guest

You're welcome :).

11. SSK

SSK Registered Member

It seems you and I have very different opinions about beta software and release dates... :D

BTW: why don't you install the beta and report here if it is fixed or not... o_O

12. Get

Get Guest

With 3.0 being a totally new version it's not so strange to think this bug isn't present in the first beta. I don't test the beta, but want to know. That's why I ask. Life can be so simple at times :).

13. Get

Get Guest

Being p***ed off and leaning towards uninstalling and giving my 1 3/4 year licence as a present to someone, because not getting a simple 2- or 3-letter answer tested it myself and yes the bug isn't present anymore. Hooray.:cautious:

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESS beta does not currently store the quarantine folder location in the registry so there's no chance a registry cleaner would accidentally delete that key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.