BUG - E00640065: Cannot resolve the source path

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ennis, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ennis

ennis Registered Member

I have a task that was dumping my tib's accross my network to a machine that has been decomissioned.

I've aleady moved the tib's to a new machine; however when I try to edit my existing task (so I can re-point it at the new location) I get the following error:

E00640065: Cannot resolve the source path
    Cannot resolve the path to the source. You should edit this task.
    (that's what I'm trying to do)

When I click OK, I get another error,

E00640064: Cannot resolve the destination path for the backup archive.
    Cannot resolve the destiantion path: <<my old path>>. You should edit
    this task
    (OK, I believe you... that's what I'm trying to do)

Then when I click OK, it returns me to TI Enterprse Server screen.

I would expect it to let me edit the task rather than failing out. At this point, I'm lmiited to just deleting the task, and recreating it from scratch.

I'm using TI Enterprise Server build 3718 on Windows 2003 SP1.

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Ennis,

This edit task bug has often been reported, and I had it after downloading the latest build of TI 9.3677 home. My best advice: create new tasks. Skip editing. Even when an edited task ran after a new build, it ran for a couple of days, and then didn't run one night, without reporting this failure. So, since each build has changes that may affect the outcome or success of your archives, it may be best practice to create new tasks, until and unless this is clearly resolved.

Good luck!

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You could manually change the path in the XML file(s).

Goto %your_root_drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts, open one of the file(s) there using notepad or anything that recognises XML files change the paths.

Colin

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ennis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As Christopher_NC has already mentioned above, this issue is already known. It will certainly be fixed in the future Acronis True Image builds\versions, but the exact time frame for the fix to be implemented is not decided yet. We are very sorry for the current inconvenience.

At present time, we recommend that you delete the task having the issue by following the procedure described in this previous post of mine.

Please also note that manually editing the scheduled tasks scripts is not recommended, as we cannot guarantee that your tasks will function correctly after being edited in such a way.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.