BufferZone Home review

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Painkiller, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painkiller

Painkiller Registered Member

Hi guys,

New Big review for BufferZone (former AntiMalware ) 1.6 - 08 on my Blog check it out.

http://securityonthenet.blogspot.com/

Next on line Safe’n’Sec Personal and PervX home,

Don’t forget the "Showdown" between all Products to declare the best “Painkiller Blog Choose” Award

Cheers

2. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

Nice review! I agree that one of the nicest features about BufferZone is that there are no pop-ups or prompts asking thousands of questions. The concept is awesome and the program has lots of potential but does need some work.

3. vernor

vernor Guest

Apparantly, the concept is to not use popups.

That has advantages and disadvantages. The main disadvantage that if something goes wrong, you don't know. And even if you did, you would have to spend more clicks trying to drill down to the BZ settings to change them.

BZ is a interesting concept, but my feeling is that many people using it, aren't quite sure what exactly it protects against. The concept is really hard to grasp. My fear is most people think if they run something bad in BZ, they don't need to worry about anything because it cannot "breakout".

I thought i understood the concept based on reading here and the bz forums plus webpages etc, but now that i'm playing with it seriously, i notice that I was wrong about what i thought it did.

it provides a lot less protection then one would think based on just reading it.

4. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Would be interesting if you tested DefenseWall HIPS 1.0 Beta

I use it but dont konow how to test it more than it passed RegTest without any problems.

Best Regards

5. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Whats the pricing on BufferZone - is it free for home users?

Does it run on W98Se?

Best Regards

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.