BufferZone free version

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by overangry, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Great program, especially being able to access downloads and deleting them later in one-click.

Excellent interface for less advanced users.

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Tried a newish rogue "Your PC Protector" which won't run in BZ but runs SB/VM?

3. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Not seeing any slow downs here are well. SBIE and DW have developers that act very quickly to any issues with their respective software. I will use BZ on my win7 32 machine. If they come up with a solution for the 64bit OS's I would consider buying it.
    Ice

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Sorry for the late reply. BTW i don't use BufferZone ...

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Hey, Kees, I'm curious. Do you know if BZ has fixed that problem that allowed Ilya to beat them? I think it was something to do with hooking.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yeas was ages ago, all fixed.

7. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

Can someone help a little please

I am using Firefox and Chrome with free Bufferzone and I want to know how to save things such as Bookmarks so that when I have cleared the virtual folder they are still saved.

I use speed dial and when I put in a bookmark on the speed dial page then clear the virtual folder its gone. Again how can I pemanently save from a virtual to a full environment

thanks

Terry

8. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I think one way of doing this is running Chrome or FF outside of the BZ and save your bookmarks. Then when running inside the BZ they will be there. I think this will work.
    Ice

9. Chuck57

Well, I done did it. I'm on the full, registered version. I haven't been so satisfied with a security program since the old Powershadow a few years ago.

I just like it a lot. I don't do the malware test thing, but did a lot of investigating and I've found nothing bad so far. Since I'm a fairly safe surfer, BZ along with running MBAM occasionally should do me fine.

10. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Congrats!! I've been running the Pro version for 2-weeks now,like it alot :thumb:

11. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I tried the free version on VM Windows XP SP3 (host: Windows 7 32bit) with only software installed OA free, Avira free and Sandboxie. After the reboot required by BZ free, the VM freezes just after the login. Tried it twice...same result.

12. chris45

chris45 Registered Member

sandbox's seem to be trouble last time i tried bz my computer was running really slow and had plenty of errors i like the idea of sandbox but none of them work without error's

13. Chuck57

I haven't had a single problem with BZ free or since I registered - Vista SP1, 32 bit.

There is a very, very slight slowdown during boot, but once I'm booted up I don't notice any delay with FF 3.6.3

14. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Nice, light setup there Chuck!

15. Chuck57

I'm happy for a change. I don't know how long it'll last before the next latest and greatest comes along. At the moment, I'm determined that the next can't live without software will go into virtualbox until I realize I don't need it.

16. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

x64 is needed.

17. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

Just trialling the Full Version.

Well, it all LOOKS very pretty and everything, but I must be missing the point somewhere.

Sandboxie allows me to use a separate "Banking" Sandbox when online banking etc.

BZ gives me the option of :-

"(Internet Explorer only)
    Enter your e-banking and private sites. When visiting those sites, BufferZone will automatically isolate your browser, hence protecting your privacy."

Firstly, Internet Explorer only......o_O? Don't think so!

Secondly, Why is it necessary to specify banking sites separately when the whole idea is to isolate your browser anyway? What EXTRA protection is it giving through the naming of banking sites etc.

Thirdly, I did enter my banking sites in the appropriate box, but could see no reference to it being EXTRA protected when I browse there. No difference at all.

Please point out what I am missing here. getting old you know.

PS. Runs fine in a VM though.

Ken

18. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

The latest free version of BZ is 3.31.46. I have a free license that applies only to version 3.21.41 ie i don't think it can be updated.

The question is this, if I were to use the Pro version 3.21.41 would the benefits outweigh using an upto date free version but with limited functionality.

In other words have the updates in the free version from 3.21.41 been major?

Thanks for ur help

Terry

19. Chuck57

I'm not an expert by any stretch. There are a few fixes between 3.21 and the latest but nothing actually affecting how BZ does the job.

I'd use the 3.21 with the license. You'd have the snapshot capability and anything else that won't run in the free version. Protection of your computer, so far as I can find, is the same. The 3.21 isn't that many months behind the latest version.

20. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I have managed to try it (free version) on a VM and I really liked it. Seems that runs well with KIS2011 ( had deleted IE from Kasperksy sandbox options ). Till now I think that the combination BZ + OA does not work well...at least for me.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  21. Chuck57

I'd think with BZ, you wouldn't really need much else. I have MBAM (free) and plan to run it once a week, which is how I used it when I had ShadowDefender aboard.

Through the years, I've gone from having a computer loaded to the breaking point with security software to a minimalist approach, mostly as a result of virtualization. I much prefer the minimalist. My computer is quicker and, thanks to virtualization, I'm not seeing any malware infections.

I have had malware try, when I had SD. It never succeeded.

22. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

OA and BZ don't work well together. I tried a few times to install w/ OA++ 4.0.0.44 and it locked up everytime. Sometimes in the logon sometimes at the desktop. Now that I'm using CIS i'll try my luck again.

23. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

The culprit is OA! It's certainly not a prevx as far as widely compatible with other programs. I tried installing OA twice - with 2 different setups and both times after the required reboot, windows completely locked up while loading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.