Bufferzone for Vista

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by IceCube1010, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi

Does anyone have any experience with this product. Also, is there a free version for XP and Vista?

thanks
    Al

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have very bad experience with this software
    1)slows browser
    2)not compatible with other softwares
    3)support is very slow

3. IceCube1010

thanks for the reply. I do notice a slow startup with IE 7 but I could live with that. Surfing the net seems fine after the initial startup. I am running it along side CFP v3 with D+ and Avast Home 4.8 and they all seem to be working just fine. I can't comment on asking questions on their forums but it does seem abit slow looking at the posted dates etc.

I wonder if anyone has tried this software against some keyloggers, malware etc. I am no expert by any means, so I would not be the perfect choice in testing this software.

Does it work with Vista and do they have a freeware version without the extra stuff like the firewall etc....

thanks for any more input
    Al

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Here's a recent Review: Trustware BufferZone 3.01 and there's no free version, just a 30 day trial.
    I believe most PC users around here prefer Sandboxie version 3.28 .

5. IceCube1010

thank you for the link. It's a shame there is no freeware version like sandboxie. I kinda like the way the program is layed out, its easy to understand.

Al

6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

The firewall is not a real 1, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184402&highlight=bufferzone, support tickets get quickly processed also in the weekends, also tech support alert/gizo n av comparitives have done earlier test on this n found it 2 be strong as well. It doesnt slow down my system or has every given me any major troubles however i do not like the time they take to release a stable update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.