buffer overrun error when scanning...

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by tinman9898, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinman9898

tinman9898 Registered Member

when doing a full scan after some time a buffer overrun error occurs...is there any way to fix this?

2. tinman9898

anyone come up with any solutions to this problem? Will i have to uninstall then reinstall ewido?

3. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

What Windows version do you use?
    Does it crash during the file system, memory or registry scan?
    Can you please attach here a screenshot of this error messagebox?

4. tinman9898

windows xp home...will have do another scan to provide the other info you asked for.

Everything was working fine in the 3.5 version. Problems started when Iupgraded to version 4...........

5. tinman9898

crashes during file system scan....

Attached Files:

6. karl.ewido

If you deactivate the scan options scanning in archives and/or the Heuristic, still the same problem?
    Can you see at which file the ewido crashs?

7. tinman9898

it stops (timer contunues to run and programme doesn't lock but it won't scan past this file) on a microsoft office 2003 file called accwiz.dll but only when doing a full scan if i scan the office folder or the file itself it completes successfully. I only get the error message when doing the full scan.... It's very annoying as it occurs almost at the end of the scan.....trying the scan without archive/heuristics selected now....

8. tinman9898

scan completes successfully with archives/ heuristics deselected...

If ewido is not scanning those files won't this mean that any threats within them will go undetected and leave my pc open to attack from spy/malware?

9. karl.ewido

If you use the plus/trial Version, the Resident Shield detects and blocks a threat during its execution if it has been included in an infected archive and that has not been detected during the On-Demand Scan with the deactivated archive scan option.
    The current version of the heuristic also does not detect really a lot of unknown new threats, but we will try to improve this function with the next Versions of the ewido software ;)

10. tinman9898

Why did version 3.5 not have the same issue as compared to version 4, out of interest?

Also, in the next version is it possible to make ewido run a full scan faster and not slow down the pc if the guard is active? I also have other anti spyware programmes (spyware doctor etc) and they seem to run a full scan faster than ewido.

(my system has an 1800xp proccesor and a 120gb hard drive with 1gb ddr memory and windows xp home....);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.