Buffalo Linkstation-NAS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nitreniumions, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitreniumions

nitreniumions Registered Member

When I use the bootable Acronis disk, I can view all my PCs in the home network and can access their hard drives. However, I cannot navigate into the shared network storage to load the image to restore.
    Any possible solutions/ideas?
    Thanks,

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nitreniumions,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "navigate into the shared network storage"? Did you use "Restore Image" wizard? What the error message did you get?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

In order to access the Buffalo NAS did you have to install any drivers under Windows? If so, the Linux environment of the TI recovery CD doesn't have the necessary drivers, so the NAS drive will not be visible.

You will be able to make backup image to the NAS drive because that can be done under Windows. However, you will have to move the backup to a different drive to restore it.

4. gefrorenesHerz

gefrorenesHerz Registered Member

Real funny, a NAS which is requiring additional drivers?
    Shouldn't it be named "SIAS=Special Interface Attached Storage" instead then?
    On my Buffalo Linkstation it is no problem to put the images, it's probably a problem with the credentials when there are problems accessing the shares. Unmount every other share or try to access the NAS using the IP address (e.g. \\192.168.1.100) or change the NAS Name to a max. 8 Char one, you should also ensure that a public share is available (with no access restrictions)

Last edited: May 21, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.