BSPlayer global mouse hooks?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by jp10558, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp10558

jp10558 Guest

I'm having a lot of programs that want to create global mouse hooks, one example is BSplayer. Is this a false positive? Why would a video player want to create a global mouse hook? It seems to work OK regardless.

Also, when I ran Hamachi durning learning mode, I got a warining it tried to create a driver. I was unable to let it do so, and later in the configuration screens, the option was greyed out? Hamachi seems to work fine now - do I need to do anything now that PG is in normal mode?

2. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Hi.

I had the same problem as U have with BSplayer, i also had to allow bsplayer access to physical memory or else it would crash when trying to play files.

Do U by any chance use the kaza mega codec pack or something like it?

That seemed to be the cause of PG suddenly alerting me about bsplayer & other media players (wmp 10, winamp, etc) I know it was clean as i always check the new versions of the klite mega codec pack with multiple AV/AT scanners.

As fo Hamachi i can only think that first time it ran it needed to install a driver, best thing to do would be a full system scan with your AV & anti spyware apps to make sure.

HTH

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

When in learning mode you will still get an alert but PG remembers the driver install for after a reboot and then allows the driver.

Allowing global hooks on trusted programs that are on the protection list should not be a problem, unless you use all the programs functions you may never know whether they are really needed or not :)

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.