BSODs with .437

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Stringer, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stringer

Stringer Registered Member

Where can I send Windows crash dumps? I kept receiving the BSODs today originating from win32k.sys (according to the MS Debug) and they ended after I uninstalled the NOD32. Those BSODs came when I was exiting a program hosted in the Visual Studio 2008 debugger.

But anyway, is there email or something I could send the crash dump? Or are you interested fixing the problem at all?

2. SamSa

SamSa Eset Staff Account

3. Stringer

Yes, but that could as well be the reason. I wonder why people take it granted that all patches work well. In fact, the BSOD could just as well originate from some damn security patch that doesn't work. I did do the Microsoft update recently, but didn't run/exit THE program after that until the BSOD case. However, NOD32 was updated at the same time so there is no telling for sure.

Yea, but quite frankly I hate filling up those damn unimportant info fields. At the very least I would like to attach the crash dumps to the f*cking form, because now I have to answer separately to the stupid "more info, please" -query.

Assuming of course, that the support bothers to answer at all. I doubt it.

4. Stringer

Jep jep, I used the form and what did I receive as a reply? A message saying you cannot find our info's from your database. It is understandable, we have been your customer only 8 years or so. The subscription was renewed last month. Your so called support used to work better back then, but I guess lack of need made it what is today: something that does work just as well as your current product.

The funny thing is, the email doesn't tell how to correct the situation (other than suggesting distributors) and asks for feedback. Clicking the feedback opens a web page that says following:

Now that you want me to make contact with your sales representative, what do you want me to tell them? That we don't pay the bill that is yet to come due, or ~Phrase removed. See the TOS.~

Way to go Eset.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  5. Stringer

Yea okay, maybe it was little bit rude. But you must understand, that I don't care very much about procedures that are designed solely to make my day miserable. And it certainly doesn't help either, that my day is miserable already due the problem itself.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

437 Working like a charm for me, but if it isnt for you I can understand. I will say 437 has taken all of the hesitation out of the suite. Opening the web browser to everything happens in a pop. This is what I have been waiting for a long time.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.