BSOD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by d0t, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d0t

d0t Registered Member

Hey guys,

Since a few days ago, from time to time, I'll get a blue screen. Usually happens when I'm watching movies on VLC.

The problem is: when the BSOD appears, it says something close to "gathering info to make a log" but my notebook goes to the edge, the fans start to go crazy, like it's going to explode, so I turn if off. And so far, I haven't be able to get any log :( (I think)

My question is, should let the BSOD run even with fans going crazy or is it dangerous? And where would the logs be?

Thanks in advance. (I haven't posted my hardware/software setup because I don't think it'll help, since I've got no log)

2. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

If the notebook overheats to a certain temperature, there is an automatic thermal shutdown. One thing you can do to keep it cooler in that situation is to elevate it so more air flows underneath it which will help to keep it cool. Can be as simple as putting a couple of pencils under it. I actually did that once because I was getting a thermal shutdown in the middle of a factory restore of my old laptop that I was getting ready to sell.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Here's some information you may find useful:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

If you set the OS to do a small memory dump it will create the log faster. Also there's a free program called Bluescreen View which helps with getting the necessary information out of the dump file/log.

4. d0t

d0t Registered Member

Alright, thank you guys :)

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.