BSOD

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by fosl, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Hello,

I have been using Returnil for several months with no problems. Today when I tried to engage safe mode, I got a bsod 0x7e caused by fltmgr.sys. That driver is from microsoft and something to do with file filter. My laptop is running windows 7 home premium 64 bit with eset nod32 v4 and comodo firewall. Also, I tried to recreate the Bsod and it did not repeat. Subsequent attemps to start returnil in system safe worked fine.

thanks

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi fosl,
    Please send an e-mail to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with the following logs and include a reference to this thread:

* C:\Windows\rvs3.log
    * C:\Windows\rvs3-inst.log
    * C:\Windows\MINIDUMP+
    * MSINFO32 report**

+ Open the MINIDUMP folder and look for a file with the same date/time as the Blue Screen and attach this file with the other logs requested.

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

Thanks
    Mike

3. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Thanks Mike. Ill send all requested info.

4. Coldmoon

Hi,
    The minidump is showing that the System crashed in the eamonm.sys ESET driver and there was no indication that any RVS component/driver was involved. To verify this and investigate further, please see your support ticket with a request for a full kernel memory dump.

Thanks
    Mike

5. fosl

fosl Registered Member

I only recently installed the latest version of ESET NOD32. Im running their trial version so I think Ill uninstall it and try something else. In regard to the antivirus within RVS, can it be used as a full time antivirus or is it only effective if RVS is engaged?

Thanks again for your help.

6. Coldmoon

Hi,
    The BSOD happened with your current lineup. To keep from introducing new variables while this is investigated, I suggest that you keep NOD32 installed until the cause is positively identified. Though we are checking first per your report, the Eset team will want to look at the same environment if this proves to be NOD, rather than RVS related.

Yes, the RVS VG will work regardless of whether you have the virtualization active or not.

Mike

7. fosl

fosl Registered Member

Copy, Ill keep NOD32 and current computer config untill the cause of the BSOD has been determined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.