BSOD when opening network shared folder

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JohnyR21, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnyR21

JohnyR21 Registered Member

Hey guys, I'm running Smart Security 6.0.308.0 and I'm having some major trouble. Here's my problem:

In "My Music" Library on Windows 7, I have a network storage location set as one of the folders (if anyone is interested: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/4617-libraries-include-network-folder.html). Before version 6 came out, everything was fine and dandy. After upgrading to v6, my computer BSODs as soon as I open the My Music library. If I disable the firewall along with the antivirus, the BSOD does not happen, and I can browse the library normally.

What is the problem here? I really need this to work, I love smart security but if this BSOD problem is going to persist, I'll have to find something else.

Thanks!

Edit: I went out and bought a brand new HDD because I thought my sectors were corrupt. Ended up being just ESET :(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please configure Windows to generate kernel memory dumps and reproduce the crash. Next compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

3. JohnyR21

JohnyR21 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.