BSOD procguard.sys

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by eternalbeta, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eternalbeta

eternalbeta Registered Member

Just updated to ProcessGuard 1.300 on WinXP Pro with a BSOD as a result. I noted down the following info from the blue screen. Jason, any ideas as to resolve this? :'(

Stop: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0xB2A5FC65, 0XB2E0FDC4, 0X00000000)

Procguard.sys - address 0xB2A5FC65 base at B2A5E000, Datestamp 4026FFA1

Naveng.sys - adress 0XB2E0FDC4 base at B2E0FDC4, Datestamp 00000000.

eternalbeta

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi eternalbeta ,
    It looks like Norton AV clash :(

Did procguard load after installation & did you accept the default settings?

Before upgrading did you disable procguard protection, teminate pg_msgprot with Task Manager before uninstalling V 1.200 Then upgrade to V 1.300 after reboot?

Sorry for the questions but other users are using Norton AV without problems.

3. eternalbeta

Hi Pilli,
    Yes I did, with the exception of the termination of pg_msgprot with Taskmanager. I've overlooked this one indeed.

Yes to both, while I added protection for TDS-3, Nav 2004 and TPF 5.5, build 1298. Could it perhaps be problem of allowed priviliges for NAV?

4. eternalbeta

Pilli, By the way, I've just reinstalled Process Guard the right way following your description as I had a distinct feeling that you were going to ask me to do that any way. I'll keep my fingers crossed now and hopefully I won't see any BSOD's anymore, at least those caused by PC/NAV that is. Otherwise what would Windows be without it's blue screens :D

Regarding priviliges for NAV as a potential cause. I would probably have seen something in PG's list or would it be a good idea to allow all to any NAV exe, just in case?

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yoy may not have as it might have occurred after procguard.sys opened but before procguard.exe opened.
    With the naceng.sys it may need to have Allow Global hooks and possibly install driver/service enabled but I cannot verify that unfortunately.

Maybe a Norton user will jump in here with settings for V 1.300 :)

Glad you are making progress anyway. Pilli

6. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Perhaps this thread will assist:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=21257

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Doh! I'd forgotten all about that thread :oops: Thanks siliconman01

8. eternalbeta

Thanks Pilli and Siliconman01 for your help. After the correct upgrade to PG v1.300, I've now set the protection for NAV 2004 as described in the thread mentioned, including Allow Global hooks and install driver/service enabled and did the same for TDS-3 for good measure.

cheers

eternalbeta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.