BSOD on Reboot or Shutdown

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RL_Engineer, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RL_Engineer

RL_Engineer Registered Member

I have just installed TI version 8.0.903 on a Sony 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV with Windows XP. I have a 120 Gb Maxtor Hard Drive and 1 Gb of RAM. The software installed properly and I was able to make a bootable CD. On shutdown however I received a Blue screen with the following cryptic (to me anyway) message:

*** STOP OX 0000007E(0xC0000005,0xF77901C5,0xF7C21A60,0xF7c2175C)

*** CLASSPNP.SYS - Address F77901C5 base at F778E000 DateStamp 41107ec2

The only time this occurs is rebooting or shutting down. Turning off the computer and restarting Windows resumes without fault. I uninstalled True Image and I no longer receive the BSOD. Any ideas? Your help is appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RL_Engineer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following steps?

1. Do you have overclocking? Please disable overclocking and see whether the problem remains.

2. If the problem remains please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send us the c:\snapapi.log file.

3. Also please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created and the snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.