BSOD on Build 3718

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cdegaeta, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdegaeta

cdegaeta Registered Member

Alright, I've actually been having this BSOD problem on previous builds also, but here's the deal...

On my True Image Enterprise Server running on Windows Server 2003 I am getting this BSOD (from the eventlog):

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000077 (0xc000009d, 0xc000009d, 0x00000000, 0x03af0000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Which translates to a STOP: 0x00000077 or KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

Now, most documents I found online state that it is a possible hardware problem. However, this error has never occurred on my server until Acronis was installed and opened (the crash does not occur until I open up the Acronis application). The error does not happen at any other time. Any ideas on what's going on? If you need additional information, just ask. Thanks in advance.

2. cdegaeta

No one has any info on this what-so-ever?

3. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

This is a guess but it may be worth exploring.... :ouch:

ATI installs a "virtual" device, which can be viewed via Device Manager.

There is a chance (remote though it may be) that your server does not like this "device" or is treating this device as if it were a real physical entity whereas it is a virtual entity.

If that were the case it would generate a KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

But once again..... this is a pure guess

Attached Files:

4. cdegaeta

I would say that makes total sense, since its acting as "Virtual Hardware" thus causing a hardware STOP error. Maybe possibly if there's a manual way to update that driver?

5. cdegaeta

No one from Acronis has anything to add on this? Maybe some additional information on the purpose of the "device?"

6. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Raise a support call and provide a link to this thread.

Ask Acronis Support to not only reply to you personally but also to post their response to this thread. That way we all learn.

7. cdegaeta

Not much to update on this. Been troubleshooting the actual server instead of the software. Now I'm not getting a BSOD, however the system is locking up when I open Acronis TI. Seems to lock up at "Analyzing Partitions." I'm almost ready to give up on this free trial.

8. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

It would be really helpful if you persevered because this is an unusual issue and I am sure that there are several Forum members who are waiting for a response from Acronis Support.

Give Support another call.

9. cdegaeta

Update!

Great news, after decyphering all the information in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=90904 , I was able to fix my problem. The following registry edit got my Acronis up and running without locking up or crashing. I was missing the "Parameters" key altogether.

Thanks for pushing me to persist Tabvla! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.