BSOD in Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stevenkinch, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenkinch

stevenkinch Registered Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Yesterday my computer spontaneously restarted after months of no problem running at all. I have a home made box with Vista Ultimate and I use Nod32 for anti virus.

Today, after working on a large document for several hours I got a Blue Screen of Death and memory dump. The computer restarted and made it to the login screen. After logging in, I got the BSOD again. I could start in safe mode and with networking enabled, Windows decided that there was an unspecified problem with antivirus software. I disabled Nod32 from the start up but on restarting still had the same problem.

I then tried a system restore and saw that the last restore point was yesterday when Windows installed an update....that made me suspicious:doubt: If I roll back to then, the update will reinstall and I will be in the same position again.

Has anyone else had this problem in the last 24 hours? I am presently restoring from an Acronis image to see if that solves the problem but of course if there is a conflict between the latest windows update and Nod32 I will crash and burn unless I ditch Nod32. My laptop runs AVG free (because I am a cheapskate) and has no issues.

All help gratefully accepted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.