BSOD even with UR

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ghosty, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosty

Ghosty Registered Member

Hi, I've recently been trying to get a sysprepped win xp image onto a completely different set of hardware.
    The thing is that Universal Restore continuously asks me for a set of drivers I have included in the image and mentioned in the OemPnPPath of the sysprep file.
    I've even tried including the driver in the MassStorageSection of the sysprep.inf file as well.
    The device in question seems to be a Texas Instruments Flashmedia Controller. I pointed UR to the correct .inf
    In the inf file it states to be the driver for PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033 devices... Yet acronis keeps prompting me for PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_006615&REV_00 drivers...

If I skip the driver, I get bluescreen with 7B error

I point them out, but it keeps asking
    This is pretty screwed ...
    Btw, it's the Workstation Echo

*EDIT*
    Oh yeah, even after a windows repair, I still get BSOD

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Registered Member

Btw, The master is from a Dell Lat D830 and the target is an Acer Aspire 1692WLMI

I get the same problem trying to migrate the same image to a m2np-vm mobo, but it just asks me for even more drivers I can't seem to make it load ...

I'm getting pretty desperate :(

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ghosty,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure the other drivers you provide are also correct for target hardware.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please do the following to collect Windows registry data from the target system (that is, the system to which the image was restored):
    - Boot the computer under consideration from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media;
    - Create files/folders backup of \Windows\System32\Config folder.

Please perform the same operation with the source system.

So, we need two Windows registry exports: from source system and from target system.

Please also create Acronis Report on the target machine the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.