BSOD during installation of 4.0.437 - vista 64

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Snugg, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snugg

Snugg Registered Member

Hey everyone -

I have been having trouble trying to install Eset Smart Security 4.0.437 on my computer. I have Vista Ultimate x64 and I have tried this before (with same problem).

A few months ago I tried to install it on a fresh installation but it would constantly corrupt and BSOD during installation (even with nothing else installed), and it would BSOD my computer during boot up. I had to reformat twice due to this (no biggie the installations were still vanilla).

Today I decided to try it again, figuring that maybe a newer version would fix the problem. This time I got a BSOD on installation but I am able to load into vista now.

Eset is running but I have this error:

Below this the Antivirus and antispyware has a red "!" beside it and antispam module has a green check beside it. Anyone know how to get this up and running? Much thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

2. tactful

tactful Registered Member

same thing happened here less the bsod but a restart did the trick,would not tell you that if it was not necessary to do it.also x64 vista with the run and save thread/topic.hope this helps some

3. Snugg

Snugg Registered Member

Well the problem is that the BSOD happened during installation so I think that some (most) of the components of the security suite are not even installed. Like the installation installed the base program, and then the anti-spam, and when it got to the virus scanner and firewall it was corrupted (or maybe changed a windows file) causing a BSOD. So the program still opens, but nothing within it operates.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello , Snugg!

There is some reason for the BSOD . The onliest way to fix it is to evauluate it . However , this is time consuming and can't happen for a day or two .

If you insist on using ESET Smart Security (not just ESET NOD32) , I suggest you do that :

- Uninstall ESET Smart Security (corrupted installation)
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289&actp=LIST_RECENT

- Download and run CCleaner - Slim build . Perform temporary files removal , other unnecessary things removal and registry clean-up

- Make sure you visit Windows Update (start the Vista button , type "Windows Update" and start it. Make sure you install all critical updates for the OS as well as all hardware updates (updates for drivers) that Windows will offer you. Reboot at the end

- Finally , do download Eset Smart Security but not v4 . Get the latest v3.0.694 from www.eset.com/download

Hopefully , this fixes your issue! :thumb:

5. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Is memory dump file created by BSOD? It should be in %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.