BSOD After Image Restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Siiig, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siiig

Siiig Registered Member

Sup Wilders Forum!

I've been fighting with this issue for a day or so on and off. I've been using Paragon 2012 to great effect around my house.

I recently got a new laptop, and tried moving the old laptops image (Windows 7 x64) over to the new one.

When I boot I get a 007B error blue screen. I'm pretty sure that's what it flashes, it restarts almost instantly.

What I've gotten from around the web is that this is a driver issue, my question / wondering is--can I fix this from a command line? The only access I can get to the computer is through a windows 7 recovery console disk. I've used that to try things like repairing the MBR and running a chkdsk.

Has anyone had any luck with something like this?

2. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

I don't think you are in for much joy. You are trying to restore an image from a different computer to a new computer. The drivers and lots of other computer stuff will be different and won't probably function on a new hardware configuration.

I suspect that you are looking at reinstalling all of your programs. Your data you should be able to restore from your backup, but I suspect that your programs won't come across cleanly because your hardware configuration is different.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Have a great day, any ways!

Regards,
    -Phil

3. Siiig

Siiig Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Garioch!

I'm still banging away at it, but haven't had luck yet. If I could just get the darn thing to boot i think I would be fine, I have a full driver package ready to go in case I can get into windows.

If anyone else has any suggestions I would be greatful! Copy the entire system32 folder? copy the entire system32 folder.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Try the "P2P Adjust OS" function, available in some Paragon programs. Its purpose is to solve the drivers problems that arise in those cases.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes, it might be referred to as Adaptive Restore.

6. Siiig

Siiig Registered Member

Hey Guys,

Would the tool your referring to be on the recovery image? I just quickly went through the windows install of the program and didn't see anything like that (including in the advanced menu)

7. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The function is available in Hard Disk Manager, the operation must be performed from the WinPE boot medium. In the manual, look for "Making system bootable on different hardware (P2P Adjust OS)".

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  8. Siiig

Siiig Registered Member

Worked like a charm. Thank's so much for the info on that tool everyone!

9. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Just to state for records sake, the 7B error almost always relates to Windows not recognizing the controller of the OS you are attempting to boot with. That is ultimately when you will use the P2P adjust within the recovery media.

10. garioch7

garioch7 Registered Member

Siiig: Sorry for misleading you. I learned something new. We are always learning! There appears to be a lot of horsepower in Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12! Good deal for the money.

Have a great day, and once again, sorry for misleading you. I am grateful to be corrected.

Regards,
    -Phil

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

P2P is excellent. The best tool of it's kind I have come across.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.