Browsers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cynheidre, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynheidre

Cynheidre Registered Member

Hi, it's my first post so please be gentle with me. :)
    I've had a search through and couldn't see it mentioned anywhere so I though I would pass on this little gem. It's the Evolt browser archive and it contains what must be just about every browser out there.

2. TheGeek

TheGeek Guest

Hi Cynheidre,

Thanks for posting that link, I have been looking for info like that for a while now. :)

I wonder how many of those browsers rely on the IE engine or are Gecko based though. I'm looking for a browser that is neither, incase more flaws are discovered in them. I want a totally new design (already tried OBO) so I can still safely surf when the flaws are flying in the rest. ;)

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders Cynheidre!

Thank you for sharing the new info with us, we all learn from it :)

4. Cynheidre

Cynheidre Registered Member

Thank you for the welcome.
    Some of the browser links have descriptive text files attached to them but even they don't reveal much really. You may find more information on some of them here.

It seems it's either a "suck it and see" approach or a search engine excercise.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

A glaring omission from the list linked above is K-meleon. They just updated it to 0.9 beta. It uses the same Gecko engine used by Firefox, Mozilla, & Netscape, but is slightly faster than any of those, & is very configurable (a tweaker's dream).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It said on the website to use IE5 or better...so I switched to K-Meleon.:D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.