browser results options ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by FOGdarter, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOGdarter

FOGdarter Registered Member

search engine is not working for me SO
    . .at the end of spyblaster run
    what does one do with the results on the list of Browzer
    links? I mean, , it offers the option to change and I can not figure out how to change the item , delete items or Simply leave just one browzer listing . ? I hope the future "help instructions could provide some clues ,
    thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi FOGdarter,

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm not quite sure what screen and options you are referring to. Are you talking about SpywareBlaster's "Tools" screen, under the "Browser Pages" tabs where it lists several IE browser pages? (See image below.)

This isn't really a scan. It's just a quick way to see what browser home and search pages you have set. If for some reason you want to change them you can use that screen to do it, but you'd have to know specifically what you want to change.

The fact that something shows up there is not bad. It's only bad if you don't like the pages listed there.

Attached Files:

3. FOGdarter

yes that is the page I was refering to.
    Thanks for the fast reply !
    I want to know how to effect the deletion/ change of listed itemsd.? I only see I am able to highlight and backspace thru the line to make space blank , but this does not seem right and does not seem it would change my system set up , so as to prevent the item from appearing on next system startup

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The "Change" button does allow you to alter whatever line you've highlighted, as it seems you've done. Hitting OK after making the change does commit it and unless something else changes it, it will stay as you set it.

However, a very common occurrence is that a system will get spyware on it which runs everytime a system reboots and if the user (you) has changed a hijacked browser setting, it keeps setting it back to what it wants.

If this is what you are seeing happen on your system, then you may have spyware on your system doing this. There are ways if getting this address, as well, but SpywareBlaster alone won't fix it. If this is what is happening to you, then take a look at our hijack fixing forum section, here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=17

And this thread explains how to get help with these kinds of issues:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

5. FOGdarter

Great , very good , you have been so good to help out. I screwed up and started my post in the wrong section , and your forum has "put me in place"
    ha ha , thanks for that too !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.