browser loopback (new to comodo)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Hello to All :)HUG)

i am new to comodo
    i install comodo 3 Alpha 2 version (3.0.25) its very light on resources and feel little user friendly than its pervious version....which i dont understand at all

i dont know regarding comodo firewall rule setting i cannot see my opera browser like i see them in outpost..... in comodo it makes loop back to connect how can i connect direct connection with my opera browser i am not using any proxy...

what are rules need to be added in global rules setting...... i disable loopback option form defence>advanced>defence+setting>monitor setting..

its would be very kind if some one tell me step by step setting.... just one opera browser setting then i set rest of my applications according to that.....
    which rules i need to Apply and where ...i too confused o_O?

Please help regarding that....

i am attaching all screen shots

and last resquest i dont see **my Protected files** working o_O

please help regarding that also....

I hope i make you understand my english is not that good....

Attached Files:

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello mack_guy911,

This is an "Alpha" release, you will come across many problems, I do not think there are many members here who will install such a release, so you would be better to direct your questions to the comodo forums.

As for "opera", this does not need access to the loopback(localhost), but the later versions are a pain, as it appears to have a need to connect to "searchportal.information.com" before anything else (opera does not appear to like having this blocked)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.