Browser Hijacker Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rd280z, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rd280z

rd280z Registered Member

I installed Browser Hijacker Blaster for evaluation purposes. I received a couple of warnings this morning and let it make changes. My question is: I can't use my Internet Explorer icon to log into IE anymore, but I can using Google. I want to revert back to MSN in IE but when I make changes in Internet Options, they don't take. Any ideas. I just want to learn the ins and outs of Browser Hijacker Blaster and if it is something that we want to use with other users.
    Thanks

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi rd280z

Welcome to wilders :)

This link explains why Spywaregurd is a better choice over Browser HighjackBlaster.

http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html

Both are Javacool products.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

3. Nostromo

Nostromo Guest

I'm unable to use BSB for longer periods - every now and then while browsing I get a false alarm abot my home page being changed from whatever it is to "none". When it happens I also can not open the home page anymore. But when I restart BHB everything goes back to normal.

I'm using XP pro and IE 6 and I'm conected to 2MB ADSL (dynamic IP) via Level One router. Besides BHB I have installed Hijack This!, Spybot and Spyware Blaster. There's also a copy of PCCillin antivirus software running in the background with latest virus tables and with the Web Trap, Mail Trap and firewal options activated.

I check the processes in the background when it happens - but haven't noticed any new or strange processes being active.

What's wrong? A BHB bug maybe?

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Nostromo,

Please look one post above yours and give SpywareGuard a try. I think you'll like it.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Nostromo

Nostromo Guest

Hi, thanks for the quick answer !

I tried downloading it a couple of times but keep being redirected to mirrors, which also don't work... Any chance someone sends it to me via impact.studio@volja.net as attachment? I'd be very grateful, thanx!

6. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Nostromo,

The BTN mirror from Majorgeeks still works:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3045.html
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.