Browser Hijack Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by A755BadBoy, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A755BadBoy

A755BadBoy Guest

Has anyone had expiriance with Browser Hilack Blaster? Do you know how to get control over Internet Explorer back (ie: home page, access settings in IE). This program is very annoying and doesnt really work. I uninstalled the thing, but cant do anything with IE. Can anyone help? I run Win XP Home with full admin.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Could you please provide more details on your system and any problems you encountered (i.e. the exact problems you are now having, what you found annoying about the program, etc)? (Browser Hijack Blaster doesn't prevent access to IE settings in any way...)

TIA. :)

EDIT: Spybot S & D has options on its Immunize screen to block access to the Internet Options area and editing the IE homepage. Perhaps that is the cause of your problem?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. A755BadBoy

A755BadBoy Guest

SpyBot S & D was the problem. Thanks. Still dont like Browser Hijack Blaster

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm glad to hear the problem was resolved.

If you get a chance, would you mind posting what you don't like about Browser Hijack Blaster so improvements can be made in the future?

TIA.

-Javacool

5. A755BadBoy

A755BadBoy Guest

When starting the program, it always says my current home page has been changed, which it hasnt, and asks to restore or leave as is. I chose restore, then it says my home page was changed again(back to my original page) and asks again what to do. this goes on and on. The program changes it itself and warns me its been changed, shouldnt it realize that I told it to restore home page settings. The program also likes to lock-up or close out on its own, sometimes leaving itself in memory causing windows to take forever to shut down/restart. There are no settings to customize the program. As a computer user, I like programs that i can customize for my computer use. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 best) i give it a 4. It needs a settings area for customization, to realize that the user told it to restore homepage so it doesnt keep asking to restore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.