BROWSER HIJACK BLASTER

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JOHN_P, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHN_P

JOHN_P Registered Member

I downloaded the program Browser Hijack Blaster and installed it on my XP computer. However, it does not appear to be running in the background. If I manually place the icon in the system tray then execute control/alt/delete it shows that it is running in the background. If I do not place the icon in the system tray manually when I execute control/alt/delete it does not show it as running. What if anything am I doing wrong. Anyone know? Thanks!

2. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

Although I "only" have a W2K O/S, I would think XP has a "Task Manager" as does W2K. If so, you should be able to start it from the Start button, Run command, and enter "taskmgr" to get it started...there is a tab at the top of the "pop-up Window" which should show you all the running processes...

Any help from an XP user here to verify?

3. Target

Target Guest

I'm running XP Pro SP1 + any hotfixes

don't seem to be having any problems with loading and being shown in the task bar

check the one setting for (startup with windows and min to system tray) is ticked

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

With the current version of the program you will need to manually add a shortcut to your "StartUp" folder in your Start Menu (or start it manually at each boot).

That option to start it minimized doesn't set the program to start at each boot - it just ensures that the program, when started, will only appear in the system tray.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.