Browser Hijack Blaster tray bug!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dave, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave

Dave Registered Member

I'm using Win98SE and find even though the settings in Brower Hijack Blaster are saved to minimize it to the system tray, it never loads upon boot up. Is this a bug? :rolleyes:

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Not a bug - just a feature that does't exist. ;)

The option simply minimizes it to the system tray when the program starts up - you still need to manually add a shortcut to your StartUp folder in the current release.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Dave

Dave Registered Member

Thanks for info, but I did that before posting my query, but it still didn't minimize to tray automatically. Merely the program box was left open on screen! ;)

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

As long as you save the settings, Browser Hijack Blaster should minimize to the tray when it starts up. After that, when you click the minimze program in the button it should also go down to the tray. It is possible the settings may not have originally been saved to the registry correctly.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Dave

Dave Registered Member

I reinstalled it and it is okay now. Thanks! :D

6. Dean

Dean Guest

Since i'm a newbie,i just want to understand.Do i make a short cut to the program and then add it to my start up folder or is it started automatically when i boot the computer? Also what is the splash/no splash option for? Thanks for your reply.

7. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hello Dean,

Yes, you will need to add a shortcut to your startup folder in order to have the program start at bootup.
    The no splash option starts the program but does not display the opening screen that identifies the program and the version number as well as the author(Javacool).

8. Dean

Dean Guest

Thanks for clearing that up Vietnam-Vet,I've just bought my first computer back in May and i'm still in the learning curve so to speak.
    Dean

9. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

I know the feeling, Dean, but if you hang around here at Wilders for a little while you will soon see you are at a good location to bump up the speed on that curve. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.