Browser for 7in tablet?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ellison64, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive just invested in a 7in tablet,the google nexus one ,which is bundled with chrome.However its tedious having to zoom in on each page, so that these old eyes can see properly.I tried firefox ,hoping for an extension such as nosquint that may work,but alas nosquint isnt compataible.Opera seemed the smallest of the lot ,and looking throgh the settings of each mobile browser ,i couldnt find one that makes all pages bigger.Maxthon works the best and the displayed page is larger than the others but it was a little buggy where pages tabs would be non responsive.So does anyone know an android browser that will run on nexus 7 and has abilty to load every page automatically at say 150% without me having to gesture or zoom in?.Any browser will do as long as its reliable and has that autozoom function.As i say ive tried chrome,firefox,opera and maxthon,and none quite fit the bill and zoom functions seem to work per page rather than globally.

2. Newby

Newby Registered Member

Use the default browser of Android

press the three squares at the right top,

choose settings

choose accessibility

Slide text to desired level

(On Asus transformer 301 that is)

3. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I don't think that Opera for Android will automatically zoom like you requested, but I tried a BUNCH of different browsers on my Vizio tablet, and have settled on Opera as the fastest and most useful of the bunch. Right now, Opera mobile does NOT work properly with Outlook.com, so I use the Dolphin browser for that application.

4. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

You can download Chrome and set it to autozoom.

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I've already set tablet >accessibility to large text ,and from what I can see the browsers do the same .....only enlarge parts of text rather than everything on the page.chrome autozoom doesn't auto zoom the whole page (like no squint does for instance) and on wilders chrome only auto zooms part of the page.login for example is tiny even on 200% zoom though when I actually go into a thread the text is large.pictures and icons are still tiny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.