Browser and Pc hanging

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ronnycopeh, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnycopeh

ronnycopeh Registered Member

I have been having problems the last week with my browser and pc hanging for a few minutes. I tried disabling all my security and enable them one at a time and I found it was my antivirus Nod32, when its disable no hanging and the pc run smooth. Do anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks for any advice.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It could be an issue with ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 and the four other security programs you are running (listed in your signature).

You might want to try installing the public beta test version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0 and see if that makes a difference in performance.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I would remove all of your anti-spyware programs if resident, and run them every week or so on an on-demand basis. I am running the newest build of Eset AV, PCTools firewall, PrevxEdge, and WinPatrol Plus on XP Pro. Faster than lightning loading any page and no hanging at all. Same if I use Avira Premium as the AV in the group.

You do not need resident anti-spyware programs with most good AVs such as Eset.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have had similar issues running with NOD32 and SUPERAntiSpyware Pro on the same machine. The seem to fight each other a little bit. Either is fine without the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.