bpssr window

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by artzelda, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artzelda

artzelda Registered Member

Everytime I launch TDS a small window named 'bpssr' opens repetedly asking for the bpssr.msi file. I click cancel each time and then TDS opens. why is this happeningo_O?

Attached Files:

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi artzelda, and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm guessing here so please bear with me, but do you possibly have "BulletProofSoft Spyware Remover" installed?

You could try emptying the contents of your Temp folders and see if it resolves the problem. If you are using XP, you can use the Disk Cleanup Wizard to clear the Temporary Internet files and Temp Folder files. Go to Start, click Run, and type in cleanmgr and then click "OK" to bring up the Disk Cleanup Wizard.

If you are unable to clear the temp folders while in normal mode, you can try booting your system into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key just before windows begins to load, and clear the contents of the temp folders.

Regards,

snap

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

It could also be to do with MS Agent if you have voice support in TDS3 & Office particularly if you run office from CD or parts of it I believe.
    Check out the stickies at the top of the forum for speech setups

HTH Pilli :)

4. artzelda

artzelda Registered Member

I did have Bullet Proof Spyware remover installed but I had uninstalled it and still get this message. I do not have voice support for TDS

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    Did you try all the steps Snapdragin suggested to try?
    Maybe after installing and removing the bulletproof remover some parts were still left in the registry.
    Maybe with re-installing that program the problem is solved and using it's own uninstaller. By the looks of it it was still in the autostart.
    Make sure when (un)installing software all scanners and resident protection are temporary closed so all files can be properly installed or removed in the action.

6. jintille

jintille Guest

I am having a similar problem with BPSSR.msi. A similar window comes up every time I log on to AOL. There must be a way to get a copy or BPSSR.msi to install on my computer to make this thing go away. Does anyone know who created this program?

7. jintille

jintille Guest

My problem also started when I used a spyware remover to delete some files. The program is also looking for a copy of BPSSR.msi in a TEMP file but it has been deleted if it ever was there. I sure would like to know how it got there originally and how to reinstall it.

8. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

This post here may be well worth reading.

Regards,
    hardyhar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.