boxes with red x inside them...?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ghost_6, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_6

ghost_6 Registered Member

o_O ever since i installed spyware blaster i keep getting boxes with a red...x...inside at different web sites i check out, i think pics are supposed to be where those boxes with the x in the middle are.Is this a common problem...?how can i fix it...?can anyone help me...?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, that is certainly a sign of something being blocked, but we need to figure out what... It's probably related to an ActiveX item that is being blocked because it is spyware related. But, it could also be a Flash item being blocked if you went into this screen (see image) in SpywareBlaster and blocked Flash from running.

[​IMG]

If you clear that checkmark and you still get those X's, then it most likely some spyware ActiveX item that is being blocked and that is a good thing. That's the reason people use SpywareBlaster, just to block those spyware items.

3. Buddel

Buddel Guest

I sometimes get them, too - with or without Spyware Blaster. I think it's got something to do with Internet Explorer.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, there are actually a very many possible reasons for objects on web pages to not come through. Filtering with firewall or local proxy software, security settings in the browser, lack of availability from the web site itself, etc. However, if SpywareBlaster is causing it, then it would most likely be one of the above items. If it is actually broken image links (like embedded gifs or other pictures) then it is not SpywareBlaster related.

More information will be needed to determine exactly what ghost_6 is seeing and if it is related to SB.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I get those redX's in my hotmail. Also on some webpages.

In my case it happens because i have activeX installation blocked in my AdawarePlus.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.