Bootup True Image Server instead if system boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alfred, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfred

Alfred Guest

Hi ALL,

I don't know why my nootbook harddisk bootup to True Image Server instead of my bootable harddisk drive C:

Does Acronis True Image hidden in the bootable secter and How can I remove it back to boot my system (windows XP).

Please help !!!

Thanks
    Alfred

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image Server (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please describe what you mean by "bootup to True Image Server"? Do you mean that your notebook boots to Acronis Startup Recovery Manager?

Please make sure that you haven't Acronis Bootable CD inserted into your CD drive. Also please tell whether you have created Acronis Secure Zone and how you have activated Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (if you have).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Alfred

Alfred Guest

This occur after I try to restore a image to harddisk. I am not sure what I have done any mistake. After restore, it prompt to restart the computer for complete the task. when I reboot, it go into the true image server directly even don't have CD in the CD drive.

I can see the folder and system files but can not boot the windows XP. Please help !!

Thanks
    Alfred

4. Acronis Support

Hello Alfred,

It seems that you just don't perform the last step - restore the image. Apparently, you try to restore the image under Windows and Acronis True Image Server asks you to reboot the computer because it needs to obtain the full disk access. After you reboot the computer it boots into Acronis True Image Server.

After that please launch the "Restore Image" tool and restore the image in the way described in the User's Guide (page 29, chapter 5).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Alfred

Alfred Guest

Bascially, I do a restore from image to USB Harddisk. I have done this step just after your suggestion.

BUT, the acronis loader start all the time when I boot the system

Please help!

Alfred

6. Acronis Support

Hello Alfred,

Could you please do the following:

- Download the file http://www.acronis.com/files/support/mbrautowrite_en.exe
    - Insert the blank diskette into the floppy drive and launch the file;
    - Set the floppy drive as the first boot device in BIOS and boot the computer under consideration.

If you don't have floppy drive please burn the following .iso file into disk, set the CD drive as your first boot device in BIOS, insert the disk and boot the computer.

It will allow you to boot Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.