Booting true image from usb pen drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by luckyflyer, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckyflyer

luckyflyer Registered Member

Is it possiblle to boot true image v8 from a usb pen drive? I've tried and get an error msg (invalid system drive press any key). Asus P5AD@-E is the mobo and Apacer 256k handy steno is the usb drive.
    Thanks,
    Lucky

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello luckyflyer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that it is possible to create Bootable Rescue Media on the removable flash drive. You should select your USB flash drive from the list of the available devices when creating Bootable Rescue Media.

Please also check whether your BIOS supports booting from USB-connected devices, set the correct boot sequence and try to boot from that USB drive.

If the problem still persists then please describe the issue in more words.

Please also describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Lucky,

In addition to what Alexey has said, if not already done, make sure you have formatted the USB pen drive as FAT rather then FAT32 prior to creating the boot rescue media on it. Also try different settings for the USB boot device in your BIOS e.g. USB-HDD, USB-ZIP etc.

Regards

4. luckyflyer

luckyflyer Registered Member

Thanks I got it working. I found out in addition to the above fdd in bios must be disabled.
    Lucky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.