Booting to Linux prompt

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anzo, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anzo

anzo Registered Member

Hello,

I have been trying out Acronis True Image 8.0 Personal Edition from the UK computer magazine PC Plus. I have successfully created a drive image and burnt it to DVD but I'm havng problems with the bootable CD.

Booting from the CD leaves me at a Linux prompt - the same as in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=72368&highlight=/bin/sh this thread.

I have tried the advice of hitting F11 and removing "quiet" and also adding "acpi=off noapc" to the command prompt line.

The process seems to trip up with:
    "Framebuffer mode initialization failed" - which dumps me to the Linux prompt.

I cannot update to the latest build because I have started from the Personal Edition which I presume is simply an older build with no support (build 797 I think...) so can't follow the standard support advice of upgrade. I'm reluctant to purchase the upgrade to a product that doesn't seem to be working to well and for which other people have had the same problem with different build numbers. If I could get the version I have working I would be more inclined to upgrade for the other features.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. I'm running Windows 98 SE.

Anzo

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello anzo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I advice you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0. which represents the latest (903) build at the moment.

After installing the trial version please create special Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If there would not be any problems booting your PC from the build 903 Bootable Rescue CD and you will be satisfied with the work of the trial version then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

Please let me know if the problem still persists with the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. anzo

anzo Registered Member

Hi,

I thought of that just after posting...
    Downloaded the trial, created a new bootable disk and everything works fine.

Thanks for your help

anzo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.