Booting to CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by viruseater, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viruseater

viruseater Registered Member

I am using a trial version of the server right now in anticipation of purchasing for my company.

I ran a test on my local workstation. I imaged the system drive. I then burned a recovery disc (not a bootable image) and booted. I wanted to image the machine back over the same drive just to verify it worked.

What I don't understand is I lose my mouse when booting. Is this by design or is it due to my setup? i've got a logitech laser 5000 keyboard/mouse combow (bluetooth). I don't lose KB access so I'm not sure which is which. I SEE the cursor, just can't use it.

I tabbed through to do the restore and it's not THAT big a deal, but for management I would sure like to use the mouse.

On to the results. I've owned Ghost for many years. Long before Symantec bought them. I recently built a new system and it's an AMD X2. I am using XP 64. Norton does not support it. Actually as a sidebar, they also do not support Anti-virus on a 64 bit machine which to me is amazing.

So the last Norton I had was 9.x (10 is out now). Based on my testing there are substantially large feature increases with Acronis. I'm very impressed. It also backs up faster than I thought. When I image my machine there is 11GB used on the drive when my apps are installed. it took 4 minutes to backup and 11 to restore. That's impressive.

Anyway if someone knows why I can't use the mouse I'd appreciate it. Thanks and thanks for a great product.

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

With regard to the mouse problem there are two workarounds worth trying.

One is to apply the usbmouse=off parameter as detailed in Please Read Before You Post sticky for the acpi=off noapic parameter, the other is to disable USB Legacy in BIOS.

3. viruseater

viruseater Registered Member

Ugh, I'm sorry. I didn't mention. I've done both of those, tried everything I could think of.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello viruseater,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support using Ask a question before you purchase Acronis software link. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the the link to this thread and the exact model and vendor of the mouse you use. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.