Bootable Rescue Media Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by GreggC, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggC

GreggC Registered Member

Let me preface this by saying I am new to TI.

I have been trying to create Bootable Rescue Media. On my first attempt, I created the ISO image successfully adding TI Full and DD Suite Full. I booted with the DVD, received the boot menu listing the TI Full and DD Suite Full and Windows. When selecting either TI Full or DD Suite Full, the computer reads from the CD for about 10 seconds, I get a brief splash screen indicating either TI Full or DD Suite Full, then the screen goes black and nothing else happens.

I created a second bootable disk, this time including TI Safe, TI Full and DD Suite Full. I booted with the DVD, again received the boot menu listing TI Safe, TI Full, DD Suite Full and Windows.

If I select TI Safe, TI Safe loads but only recognizes the partitions in my RAID array, not the *.tbi on the stand alone hard drive.

If I select TI Full or DD Suite Full, I get the splash screen but no further action after the screen goes black.

Any ideas?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello GreggC,

Try the acpi=off noapic workaround as detailed in the Acronis Support sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>. Watch the syntax - it's noapic, not noacpi ;).

Regards

3. GreggC

GreggC Registered Member

Menorcaman,

Thanks, you're procedure worked like a charm. I had read about in in the https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 thread, but did not think it applied to me.

So after successfully loading TI Full of the boot disk, I validated all three of the archives I had made of my three partitions. All three checked out properly.

Should I at this point attempt a restore in order to fully test the backup system?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

That's good news. You might now want to contact Acronis Technical Support at support@acronis.com, explain the problem you had and how you ovecame it, supply them with some form of proof of purchase and request they provide you with a link to a special CD ISO of the rescue CD that already includes the additional acpi=off noapic parameters

Obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating but that does carry a slight risk. If you can't test restore to a spare hard drive then perhaps you could just restore one of your less critical partitions?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.