Bootable Rescue Media not bootable?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foundationconsult, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foundationconsult

foundationconsult Registered Member

I have 2 spearate XP SP2 computers that I create the Bootable Rescue Media on. I have set them to boot from CD in the bios. They will boot other CDs, however they will not boot the Acronis.

Please Help,
    Jay

2. foundationconsult

foundationconsult Registered Member

I have further checked out the contents of the cds and found that there are no boot files. nor were any created in the several attempts i have taken at this. at the root of the cd there is a Recovery Manager folder and a readme. neither of which are bootable.

What's going on with support? I have sent several emails to them and they have not responded in 3 days to any of them.

Jay

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Jay,

The only thing you will see on the bootable rescue CD is a readme.txt file and a Recovery Manager folder containing:

bootmenu.exe
    bootwiz.sys
    f11.cfg
    kernel.dat
    mouse.com
    ramdisk.dat

If those files are all there then I would say the rescue CD has been created correctly. Perhaps this previous thread titled <Can't Get Bootable Rescue CD to BOOT...> holds the clue?

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello foundationconsult,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

I would also recommend you try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also note that there is no need to create special Bootable Rescue CD on each PC, since it is Linux based and contains it's own drivers. In other words Bootable Rescue CD will always be the same independently on what PC it has been created.

The only restriction in this case is that you should purchase one license of Acronis True Image 8.0 per each computer where it will be used (including Bootable Rescue CD).

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 and the "acpi=off noapic" workaround does not help then please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem.

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

Tell me if you have received any error messages. What exact error messages?

When exactly the boot process stops?

As for your second question, could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.