Bootable Rescue Disk Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tbird, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbird

tbird Registered Member

PROBLEM: I can't create the bootable rescue media disk on CD-R or CD-RW. I installed the full (box) version of Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 2,323). It will burn backup image files OK. When I click Create Bootable Rescue Media, it recognizes the CD burner and 3.5" floppy drive and asks to choose which drive to use. I click on the CD burner drive, it says to insert a CD then click proceed. When I do, a box pops-up immediately saying 'error burning the CD-R/CD-RW'. I've tried blank disks, already formatted disks and nothing will work. It will work using the 3.5" floppy drive. It takes three floppies for the safe mode and eight for the full version. This is not what I had in mind. I have uninstalled then reinstalled thinking I missed something, but it does the same thing. What does it take to burn the bootable rescue media on CD?
    SYSTEM= P3 733MHz,512 RAM, Sony CRX225E CD burner
    OPERATING SYS= Win98SE, Roxio CD Creator 5

Thanks for ANY suggestions.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

When you insert the CD, do you let TI close the draw when you click create?

If not this should solve your problem. If you have registered your copy of TI 9, you might as well download the latest build and see if this works better. You'll need to unistall 2323 to install 3677.

If neither of these two work, then you can make an ISO image of the boot files and then use Roxio to create the CD.

Colin

3. bilyth

bilyth Registered Member

i've got the same problem- what's "do you let TI close the draw when you click create?" mean?

thanks. bill

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

It means that you insert the blank CD in the drawer without manually closing it. Clicking on Create, the drawer will close automatically and the burning should then start.

5. Peter Ward

Peter Ward Registered Member

The other thing that seems to work if you have Roxio is to right click on your CD drive in Windows Explorer, select 'properties', then 'disable drag to disk'.
    You may then be able to burn your rescue CD.

regards,

Pward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.