Bootable imaged HD needs Master HD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cyberdactyl, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyberdactyl

Cyberdactyl Registered Member

Hello,

I have 2 identical Seagate 7200 40 gig hard discs. I imaged one with the other and it boots fine IF the original is NOT unplugged. It appears to be booting fine, but it hangs as it begins to enter the desktop if the original is unplugged. Apparently it "needs" something off the drive I imaged from. My guess is it may be a verification code for some software like Norton looking for the proper drive letter. But again, I'm guessing here. Any ideas? o_O

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

3. Cyberdactyl

Cyberdactyl Registered Member

Thanks for the input.

I tried "Kawecki Trick", but sadly no luck. I was a little doubtful it would work because I can get well into the boot sequence, to the point where 2000 says it's loading my personal settings. However, something new seems to happen. After about 1 minute of hanging, the screen begins to flash, then an hourglass appears for a split second and it all repeats.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.