Bootable cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Desperate-Dan, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desperate-Dan

Desperate-Dan Registered Member

Hi all, I have installed acronis 8.0 true Image, I created a bootable cd, my question is how do i test the cd to see if it works. If I start my pc it will boot the normal way, how do I boot using the cd? I'm a novice. o_O

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Howdy Dan - and welcome to Wilders!

I have moved your post here to the Acronis Tue Image section of the forum so that Acronis support and others will see it and be able to offer you assistance.

3. spriteman707

spriteman707 Registered Member

hey Dan! it sounds like your computer is not set up to "look at" the cd/dvd drive prior to starting up Windows. you need to "set" the boot order in what's called the BIOS. this is usually done by holding down the "delete" key when you first power on the computer (the key you need to depress may vary on your machine. look for which key you need to hold down by viewing your computer screen during boot up. it will tell you which key is needed to "configure" the computer).

just make sure the cd/dvd is ahead of your hard drive in the boot order listed in the BIOS.

when you have the boot order the way you want it, follow the instructions on the BIOS configuration screen regarding which key is needed to depress to "save/load" your changes. on my computer it's the F10 key. good luck.

4. Desperate-Dan

Desperate-Dan Registered Member

Thanks spriteman, got it sorted.Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.