Bootable CD reboots at "Proceed" Command

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by OKIGiveIn, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OKIGiveIn

OKIGiveIn Registered Member

My first time here so apologies if I haven't read the 1500 posts - one of which may hold the answer to this problem.

I just bought, downloaded and installed TI 11 and created a backup of my (4 disk ICH9R Raid 5) OS and data array.

Checked the backup and it passed with no problems.

I have recently added the 4th drive to the array and wish to use the additional space, so I thought I could create a bootable CD and expand the restore to use the full partition.

Unfortunately the bootable CD reboots my system every time I try a command that actually does anything (I tried to check the backup first, obviously, to see if the disk could read it correctly).

Is this a known problem? Does it have a simple solution that doesn't involve learning a new programming language?

If that is the case I may as well use one of the free Unix based programs and ask for a refund - when I buy a piece of software I expect it to work, straight out of the box! If it's free then I occasionally expect to put some work into it.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello OKIGiveIn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

In order to fix the issue I would recommend you to submit a request for technical support with the issue description and the link to this thread. We will provide you with the link you should use to download ISO image of the CD which should work correctly with ICH9 South Bridge. So after burning ISO image everything should work correctly.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. OKIGiveIn

Gave up waiting for a reply so I came up with the only solution that seemed to work after the various BartPE and other suggestions in the forums also failed.

I installed windows on another drive after disconnecting the raid drives (so windows doesn't get confused where to boot). Rebooted and reconnected the raid, installed TI and did a full backup of the (former C:\) drive array. Checked the system could read the backup and rebooted again. Changed the array to Raid 10 and rebooted. Reformatted the raid and installed the backup.

Yippee! It worked - booted immediately into windows and hasn't missed a beat so far. Disk did need some serious defragging after the reinstall but it is faster and much quieter on raid 10 than raid 5, but that may be an effect of reducing the strip size.

Another funny thing - I have had 2 emails and a survey all asking me to comment on the quality of the responses to my problem report, but so far have not received any. Perhaps Acronis needs more tech staff and fewer sales staff?

4. Acronis Support

Hello OKIGiveIn,

Many thanks for your response and we are really sorry for the delay with the response.

If you tell me the number of your case in Acronis Customer Support Department I'll do my best to escalate the issue processing so that you'll get the link for ISO downloading in the nearest time.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

5. OKIGiveIn

Thanks for your response.

So far system appears stable with the new setup, but it would be nice to be able to run the backup recovery as it is meant to be run, so I would still like the question answered.

The reference number is for the problem is #1502884 and the original enquiry that prompted my purchase of the software is #1499079.

Hope that helps resolve the issue - I am sure I cannot be the only person with this problem?

6. Acronis Support

Hello OKIGiveIn,

Thank you for the answer.

I have contacted responsible person and you'll get the link for ISO image downloading in the nearest time. This should fix the issue.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.