Bootable CD Question...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SacredENA, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SacredENA

SacredENA Registered Member

My company is thinking of switching to Acronis and I had a question. How does the bootable CD pick up all of the NIC cards and initialize them? I've tried booting all of our models and it has not failed once.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The bootable CD is Linux based and contains drivers for many hardware devices.

3. SacredENA

SacredENA Registered Member

Excellent, but what if we purchase a machine in the future with a NIC that Acronis does not support? Is there a way to update the bootable CD with additional NIC drivers?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Unfortunately no. You would have to ask support for help. The other choice is BartPE Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD and one of Mustang's BartPE Plugins. BartPE is windows based and you can add drivers as needed.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SacredENA,

Thank you for your ineterest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis True Image is being constantly updated, new drivers added. The drivers Acronis Bootable Rescue Media uses support a wide variety of hardware. To update you just need to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after installing the new build of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.