Bootable CD problems - ATI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by doni049, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doni049

doni049 Registered Member

AtI 2009 on WinVista Home Premium

I created a Bootable CD from within ATI2009. When I boot using that CD, I'm presented with a message that says "Loading, Please Wait". But then after waiting 40 minutes, I finally gave up.

I contacted Acronis via the Live Chat link and was given a link to an ISO file. I've burned that file to 4 diff CDs. When I boot using one of these CDs, my PC just loads Windows anyway--the same as it does if I have a non-bootable cd in the drive.

When I look at the first CD in WinExplorer, I see a number of files. But when I look at one of the CDs burned using the ISO, I don't see ANY files. But Windows shows that the space used on the CD is 20 something MB.

I also have PowerISO installed which allows me mount an ISO file and Windows sees the mounted ISO as a CD. When I look at that, there are no files there either.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The TI rescue CDs are Linux.

3. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

All I ever did with the iso file was place a blank disc in the opitcal drive and then I double click the iso file which would start to load the burning software and go from there , afterwards it would boot correctly . Now I know if I try to start first the burning software ( Nero ) and load the iso file by doing a search for it ? It will load and start the burning process but afterwards it wouldn't boot , even knowing though it did burn onto the disc , just wouldn't boot up this way . If I double click the iso file and burn it that way ? it works ...

4. doni049

I'm not sure I understand the point of that statement. Besides the fact that my PC won't boot from the CD created using the ISO file and will boot from the CD created within ATI, the only diff that I can see is that the one created from within ATI does have files that I can see within Windows Explorer and the one created from the ISO does NOT let me see any files.

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes, probably a red-herring although I thought with some earlier versions of TI the CD contents didn't make sense when viewed in Windows.

6. doni049

Seek: Thanks--I thought maybe I was misunderstanding something--i just wasn't seeing a point.

I took Terry's comment and was able t get it working. I was previously trying to browse to the ISO file within Roxio because when I double click on the ISO, PowerISO assumes that I want to mount it aas though it's a CD. But I right-clicked on the ISO and then "Open with" Roxio.

THAT created a bootable CD.

Thanks everyone!

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD here and here

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.