Bootable CD graphics are scrambled

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by whoami, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoami

whoami Registered Member

I created a bootable recovery CD. When I boot from it the graphics are unreadable. It looks scrambled. Any ideas why? I can't read the screen options.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

This bug was reported some tiem ago and we are working on a fix now.

Thank you.

3. TFancher

TFancher Guest

After much poking around I discovered a work around to this same problem I had.
    Start the TI bootable CD
    once it starts click in the very upper left corner of the screen, and hopefully you will find the word minimize. CLick minimize then maximize the window back to full screen... you should now be able to read the screen.

Hope this helps!

4. RTB

RTB Registered Member

Hi all,

the Minimize / Maximize method also works with the normal windows hot-keys : Alt space, down, down, down, enter ...

hope it helps

5. SonuS

SonuS Guest

Has this problem been solved yet, I download a trial version of Corporate Workstation and I cannot purchase/use the product until this is resolved. None of the current workarounds that I've seen (moving windows, minimizing/maximizing) work on my machine. It is a Dell Optiplex GX150

6. Acronis Support

Hello SonuS,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

The problem described above was resolved and it seems your issue is different from it. Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add the "novesa" parameter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  7. SonuS

SonuS Guest

Hello Ilya,

thank you for your prompt response.

I have tried adding the "novesa" parameter to the linux kernel settings on the same true image corp wkstn cd (I do not have a full version of true image), and instead of booting me into the program, the parameter seems to take me to BusyBox instead.

8. SonuS

SonuS Guest

Update for Ilya,

Safe mode appears to work normally, no scrambled graphics when booting from the same corp. wkstn CD.

If do I not have any USB devices, and do not have any scsi drives attached, the images I create should be identical, correct??

9. Acronis Support

Hello SonuS,

It seems that you removed the word "quiet" from the Linux Kernel Settings. Please do not remove this command. You may also get to GUI from the command line by inputting the command:

product

Please let us know whether the problem still persists.

The images will be identically even if you have USB/SCSI drives. The image includes only the content of the drive you are imaging.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. SonuS

SonuS Guest

Hello Iliya,

you are right, I did remove the 'quiet' parameter.

I have tried again, and unfortunately the full version still showed scrambled graphics. Safe mode does still work, but I cannot see my D:\ (second hard drive) and therefore cannot store my images there which I need to because the c:\ that I am trying to image does not have enough free space to house the image.

Please note I've obtained a bootable CD of true image (not corp wkstn) boot CD, and it takes me straight to BusyBox when I boot from it.

I typed 'product' at the command line and I receive an error message saying:
    cannot set video mode to 648*480*4
    and I am dropped back to a linux prompt.

Is this video mode setting different in safe mode? Is there a command line parameter I can add to get into the full mode with a different video setting? IE - "product -video=xxx*xxx*x"

please advise,

Sonu.

11. Acronis Support

Hello Sonu,

Safe version of Acronis Bootable CD is not Linux-based. Instead it uses DOS and BIOS drivers.

Since the problem still persists, please send the letter to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please include your serial number to the letter. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.