Bootable CD from Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alanharper, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanharper

alanharper Registered Member

I am new to Acronis True Image, so please be kind if I ask stupid questions.

I have imaged a small (250 MB) hard disk that has Windows 98 installed on it. I now want to restore that to a CD so that the CD will boot Windows 98 just as if it were booting from a hard disk. I know how to get a PC to boot from a bootable CD. My question is how to make the Acronis image bootable if restored to a CD (and how to restore to a CD).

Thanks in advance for all suggestions. E-mail replies are appreciated.

Regards ... Alan Harper
    alan.h.harper@eds.com

2. aol

aol Registered Member

If I understand you correctly: you want to run win98 from an image on a CD.
    Better switch to Linux.

Mary.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You cannot restore your image to CD. You can create image of hard drive (or partition) to CDs, to DVDs, to some local/network drive or to an external drive and only can restore to a hard drive.

Please download the User's Guide of Acronis True Image from the following link: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. alanharper

alanharper Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. May I suggest that Acronis consider a feature upgrade to include such a capability. As best as I can tell, there is still a need for a user-friendly tool that would allow you image a hard disk and then use that hard disk image as the basis for a bootable CD.

Regards ... Alan Harper

5. THoff

THoff Guest

Windows 98 would have to support running from readonly media, which it does not. There's nothing that Acronis can do to overcome this limitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.