bootable CD error - argh!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by willitwork, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willitwork

willitwork Registered Member

:mad: Just downloaded the lastest version TI sofware and got the same error many people in the forum have been talking about. Spent hours reading the solutions and going through a half dozen CD-R's. A horible amount of time was spent because I trusted PC Magazine's review of this sofware. I have learned a lesson never to trust a review again. This software still should be in beta.

I have done the recommend actions to back up my laptop, Dell Inspiron 5100 and it still does not work!

o got the latest version of TI
    o got the updated verion of XP Pro
    o booted up in safe mode
    o waited for the CD to ask me for a disk
    o looked for a utility to slow down my Cendyne USB CD-R drive. It does not exist.

I am very frusted and cynical right now. I just wasted an evening.

Can I install TI on my desktop and create a bootable CD with it and use it to boot up my laptop if they have the same operating system? Will this work?

2. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

Yes, that's how I did it.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, willitwork

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

You should try it on a CD-RW Drive. [CD-Rewriter]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello willitwork,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please download, unpack and install the following file:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_cdlog_s_en.zip (if you use Acronis True Image 8.0 Standard English)

After this please run the program, reproduce the problem and send the cdrecord.log file created in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and the screenshot of the error you get when you try to create Acronis Bootable CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.